Our Mission And Vission
Vision- A society based on social justice, equity,
social sensitivity with right based approach and a culture of service in which all
are self-reliant and sustainable. BMK seeks to enable poor rural families to live
a life of dignity. The entry point is the women and children. Unit of development
is the family. Organization of community is the approach, through which empowerment,
capacity building and social transformation are attempted. Hence it is a long-term
strategy for emancipating the whole community, through interventions at three levels
i.e., the child, the family and & the community with extra emphasis on health and
income generation issues.
• To identify with and work along the economically and socially deprived
• Enable them to be self-reliant and enjoy a healthy, dignified and sustainable
quality of life
• And to that end, act as a resource to and collaborate with other agencies - governmental
or non-governmental, as well as suitably intervene in policy formulation.
Universe of the Organization- BMK is working for
the betterment of education based socio economic development of the tribal dominated
interior and underdeveloped villages in Katihar at the beginning and then expanded
its activity in the surrounding areas of Kishanganj, Purnia Bhagalpur,and Beguasarai.
In the current year, presence of BMK is visible in all the blocks of Katihar district
- 1. To improve the quality of life of the rural poor women and their families through
increased access to health, nutrition, education, services and productive assets.
- 2. To establish a cost-effective and accessible alternative credit delivery system
at the door step for working women in the rural areas.
- 3. To enhance the capacity of rural poor women in undertaking activities, contributing
towards Actualization of the above said objectives through collectively owned &
managed institution building.
- 4. To introduce innovative strategies for programmer execution for achieving optimum
- 5. To provide supportive role & functions in Govt. run development programmes. This
includes providingTraining in need assessment, orientation in development perspectives,
training to develop financialand management skills and evolving systems to supervise
and monitor the programme on a regular basis.
- 6. To build strategic alliances with Govt. agencies for directly implementing the
Govt. programmes or to Leverage resources from other donor agencies to supplement
ongoing Govt. programmes byAdditional interventions needed either to enrich the
programme or to plug gaps in the programme.
- 7. To develop a resource centre catering the needs of voluntary agencies, development
workers, Government / semi-government agencies, private companies and freelance
professionals engaged in development activities.To produce relevant reading and
training materials, organize seminars andWorkshops, and to undertake training assignments
through this centre.
- 8. To promote capacity building of voluntary agencies - Assistance to voluntary
agencies in obtaining technical expertise and training inputs. - Working with voluntary
organizations to undertake background studies related to specific development Activities
or the socio-economic and ecological background of project area of voluntary agencies
- Monitoring and reviewing projects under implementation through field level interaction
with voluntary Organizations.